Chicago area fine art exhibition in the northwest suburbs. Submit paintings, drawings, mixed media, ceramics, fiber art, sculpture, metal. Contact Kathleen & Joe at submissions@culturea arts.com for details.
Early Bird submissions: 5/31
FInal Deadline: 7/1
$20 through 5/31
$25 6/1 - 7/1
Hanging Fee due
by 7/31 ($30 per artist, not piece)
Shipping/drop off dates TBA.
The show will
be hung Sat 9/29,
& remain up through October.
on opening night.
Estimated artwork pick up
date: 10/29 & 10/30.
night event will
be the 1st Friday,
October 5, 5-8 pm
Historic Dole Mansion
Lakeside Legacy Arts Park
401 Country Club Rd
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
This show is open to all artists in the United States.
Submission is $20 until May 31. After that, the submission fee is $25 until the final deadline of July 1.
Jury fee covers up to 5 images of separate pieces of work. One additional detail per piece may be added, for installation/3D work.
- 2D & 3D work is welcome for the exhibition. (i.e. painting/drawing, ceramics, photography, bronze, fiber, mixed media, etc.)
- Submit up to 5 JPG or GIF files sent in one, single email. The files should be 600 KB or smaller.
- Artwork information should include: title, medium, dimensions, price. (& weight if sculpture or heavy wall piece.)
- You are also encouraged to also send a link to your online portfolio.
- Include your name, address & phone number.
Read the show's full prospectus for further details about snail mail submissions & info pertaining to accepted artists.
Awards will be given for 1st Place & one Honorable Mention, which will be presented opening night.
Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
by the final deadline of July 1, 2018.
*Send text in the body of the email, not as a PDF or zip file.
*Images should be attached to the submission in one, single email.
A Best of Show & Honorable Mention will be awarded previous to opening night.
The email subject line should read: Dangerous Lullabies Submission
- Submissions without a jury fee will be considered incomplete.
- Jury & hanging fees contribute to the operation to the show and are non-refundable.
- By submitting, you are agreeing to the terms of the show's prospectus.
- Submissions must be complete and provide information requested be considered.
Notifications will be made by 7/15. Please be patient! Follow us on FB for updates.
Dangerous Lullabies IV is a group fine art exhibition showcased in Crystal Lake's historic Dole Mansion. This is the exhibition's 4th year, back by popular demand.
Artists are invited to submit work that explores the curious allure of things that frighten us. If you have work that is designed to examine the beauty found in the ashes of terror or the magnetic pull of work that is disturbing, on-edge or dark, this is the show for you. All mediums will be accepted for consideration.
Joe + Kathleen Isacson are curators for this exhibition, working in partnership with the Lakeside Arts Park at the Dole mansion.
This is a juried show. Early submissions are appreciated and helps us curate the best show possible.
To submit. follow the guidelines below:
Heading banner includes images by Karl Jahnke, David DeCesaris, Richard Houser & Jeffrey Sevener.