Chicago area fine art exhibition in the northwest suburbs. Submit paintings, drawings, mixed media, ceramics, fiber art, sculpture, metal. Contact Kathleen & Joe at submissions@culturea arts.com for details.
Early Bird submissions: 6/10
FInal Deadline: 8/1
$20 through 6/10
$25 6/1 - 8/1
Hanging Fee due
by 8/31 ($30 per artist, not piece)
Shipping/drop off dates TBA.
The show will
be hung Sat 10/27,
& remain up through November.
on opening night.
Estimated artwork pick up
date: 11/26 & 11/27.
night event will
be the 1st Friday,
November 2, 5-8 pm
Historic Dole Mansion
Lakeside Legacy Arts Park
401 Country Club Rd
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Eligibility for Visual Artists:
This show is open to all artists in the United States.
Submission is $20 until June 10. After that, the submission fee is $25 until the final deadline of August 1.
Jury fee covers up to 5 images of separate pieces of work. One additional detail per piece may be added, for installation/3D work.
Read the show's full prospectus for further details about snail mail submissions & info pertaining to accepted artists.
Awards will be given for 1st Place & one Honorable Mention, which will be presented opening night.
Notes for Artists:
- All mediums will be accepted for consideration. 2D and 3D submissions are both welcome.
- This National fine art exhibition. All artists in the US are encouraged to submit.
- All Styles of Artwork are welcomed for submission
- Artwork does NOT have to include words, or be about books, writing, etc.
- Artists do not have to write about their work. If you are also a -
writer, see notes for writers below.
- Submissions without a jury fee will be considered incomplete.
- Jury & hanging fees contribute to the operation to the show and are non-refundable.
- By submitting, you are agreeing to the terms of the show's prospectus.
- Submissions must be complete and provide information requested be considered.
- Links for jury fee and submission form below.
Eligibility for Writers:
Writers are working on this project on an invitational basis. In the months before the exhibition, writers will get to see images of the work in the show and pick ones that they're inspired by to write about. If you would like to be considered to be one of the poets & writers invited to create new written work for this exhibition, email a sample of your work to email@example.com and put "Naming the Unspoken query" in your subject line.
Notes for Writers:
- Poets & writers are stepping up to write about the artwork that is accepted into this show!
- Writing about the artwork will be on display with the piece that inspired it in the gallery.
- There are no fees for writers to work on this project, since the writing will not be for sale.
- Writers, like visual artists, retain rights to their work.
- Writers do not have to reside in the US.
- Writers will be contacted in August for the project and asked to finish their written pieces by Sept 30.
- Want to write for this exhibition? Send a query email to firstname.lastname@example.org with link/samples of work and put "Naming the Unspoken query" in your subject line.
Notifications will be made by 8/15. Please be patient! Follow us on FB for updates.
HOW TO SUBMIT: (For visual artists only. Writers, see notes above.)
STEP ONE: Submit the jury fee STEP TWO: Fill out the form
Concept: For this exhibition, original poems & short fiction will be written about the artwork in the show.
Naming the Unspoken will explore the inexplicable connection between image and word, and will focus on artwork with a strong potential narrative. Writers will then write pieces inspired by the artwork.
Like artists, writers through the ages have sought to express the part of human existence that is completely non-verbal, including art. This exhibition is about the common human desire to communicate the unspoken, and to verbalize what we experience and see, even when it seems that no words can be found.
How it works: All mediums & styles will be considered. Once artwork is chosen for the show, poets and writers will be invited to write original poems and short fiction about selected pieces accepted into this show, which will be on display alongside the artwork it describes during opening night & the exhibition.
Things to know:
- The artwork does not have to have words in the artwork, or necessarily be inspired by any existing written works. -- Art that references words & existing writing will be considered, but not necessary to reference existing writing.
- If your work evokes a strong narrative or sense of story. this show is for you.
Joe + Kathleen Isacson are curators for this exhibition, working in partnership with the Lakeside Arts Park at the Dole mansion.
THE CALL FOR ARTISTS IS OPEN! Submissions of all styles of artwork is encouraged.
Original poems & short written pieces will be written about artwork accepted
into the exhibition and displayed alongside the pieces that inspired them.
ARTISTS *DO NOT* NEED TO SUBMIT WRITING WITH THEIR ARTWORK.
Guest writers will create new poems & fiction inspired by your artwork, if it is accepted.
To submit. follow the guidelines below: